A few weeks ago I had the chance to visit Portland. Lightspeed opened a new office there so it was the perfect excuse to visit another city and another state!
I have to say that I loved the place. In fact, I loved it so much that I’m considering moving there in the next months. These are some of the cool things you can find in Portland:
- Plenty of music venues, concerts, bars, record stores, cultural life…
- The biggest book store in the world.
- Food carts everywhere, and all kind of food styles.
- Beer, beer and more beer. They say it’s the beer capital of the world… I don’t know if the germans agree, but this place is full of breweries.
- You can drive out of the city and find the country in 30 minutes, the coast in 90 minutes and a freakin’ volcano in 75 minutes.
- It’s a tech hub. Plenty of nerds around.
If I had to write a list of cons, it would probably have only one item: it rains. A lot. So I might miss the sun, but I think I still want to give Portland a chance. Who knows, maybe after all these years I can find another place that I can call home.